
From left to right that's Mom (you knew that, right?), Gill, Julian, Dad, Laura (Quentin's girlfriend) and Quentin (Julian's brother), me and Lloyd. The girls at this point (it was late) were parked in front of the television watching Jessica's Christmas present of Charlie and Lola DVDs:

It is a popular present! The girls also got a gorgeous doll's house that Dad made for them, and a couple of sets of wooden furniture -- more very popular presents:

The next morning Jessica appointed herself to hand out the presents Father Christmas had left under the tree:

I like our tree this year. All the decorations are either inherited from the grandparents, bought with a story attached or made by ourselves, and Jess is now old enough to remember them from year to year, so decorating is like meeting old friends again. I'm looking forward to the next couple of years!
We had Christmas lunch at Lloyd's sister Alison's new house -- here she is with the girls and Priscilla:
Sorry, I don't have a picture of the rest of the family -- we forgot the camera!
In proper Southern Hemisphere style we spent much of the day in the pool:


We've spent large chunks of every day since in the pool as well, and we have either eaten out or had people over here every single day -- it has been wonderfully relaxing and if it wasn't for the fact that I had to check dates because we're going away tomorrow, I wouldn't even know what day it was.
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas as we did -- thanks for all the updates -- and have a wonderful 2008! I'm looking forward to seeing more family pics and news on this blog, it is a great way to keep in touch!

It is a popular present! The girls also got a gorgeous doll's house that Dad made for them, and a couple of sets of wooden furniture -- more very popular presents:

The next morning Jessica appointed herself to hand out the presents Father Christmas had left under the tree:

I like our tree this year. All the decorations are either inherited from the grandparents, bought with a story attached or made by ourselves, and Jess is now old enough to remember them from year to year, so decorating is like meeting old friends again. I'm looking forward to the next couple of years!
We had Christmas lunch at Lloyd's sister Alison's new house -- here she is with the girls and Priscilla:
Sorry, I don't have a picture of the rest of the family -- we forgot the camera!In proper Southern Hemisphere style we spent much of the day in the pool:


We've spent large chunks of every day since in the pool as well, and we have either eaten out or had people over here every single day -- it has been wonderfully relaxing and if it wasn't for the fact that I had to check dates because we're going away tomorrow, I wouldn't even know what day it was.
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas as we did -- thanks for all the updates -- and have a wonderful 2008! I'm looking forward to seeing more family pics and news on this blog, it is a great way to keep in touch!

1 comment:
Thanks for sharing, it looks like a really wonderful time! I am looking forward to a few years from now when we can hopefully manage to get the whole family together for a big shin-dig. I know we were supposed to do it for Granny D's 80th birthday, but somehow no-one actually picked up that ball. Hopefully we can manage it one of these days!
And, btw, your girls are just so gorgeous :-)
I'm very jealous of the pool time, although at least we weren't digging out from more snow. We have already had a record December, I'm dreading the rest of the winter!
Post a Comment