Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Old Sykes Pics

My mom had given me an envelope filled with pictures, labelled "Old Sykes Pics", a while ago. Probably years by now. I have been meaning to scan them and post them somewhere, in hopes that between us all we could label them and figure out who they are. I finally went to do the scanning the other day, but it was nigh impossible because the pictures are all kind of rolled up, so getting them to stay flat on the scanner was a real task. Instead, I put them all into encyclopedias (yes, there is a use for all those books!) to flatten them, and will scan them once they've had a chance to straighten. In putting them all in the books I took a good look at most of them, there are some really fantastic pictures of Granny D and Grampa Bill, as well as young pictures of my dad (he was a handsome fellow!), David, Ann and Mandy. I can't wait to share them with you all!

What I'm wondering is if there are any suggestions for how we go about the task of labelling them. I was thinking of posting them to a photo sharing site, does anyone have experience with one that might let us all label? Otherwise I could just give out a username/pword and we could do it that way. I know people use google pics, or flickr, I've also used kodakgallery - any suggestions?

No comments: